- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary)
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups vegetable broth (low-sodium)
- 2 cans (15 oz each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional, for added heat)
- Fresh lemon juice (optional, for serving)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion, carrots, and celery. Sauté until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and dried Italian herbs to the pot. Sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes with their juice. Stir well to combine.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Stir in the cannellini beans and chopped kale. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the kale is tender.
- Season the soup with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes (if using). Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, optionally squeezing fresh lemon juice over each serving for brightness.
This soup is rich in fiber and protein from the beans and kale, making it a satisfying and nutritious option. Be sure to adjust the ingredients and portions based on your specific Weight Watchers plan and point system. Enjoy your delicious and low-point Tuscan White Bean and Kale Soup!