Vegan Black Bean Chalupas
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Toppings: diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, chopped cilantro, vegan sour cream, and lime wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the black beans to the skillet, along with the cumin powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to coat the beans with the spices. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the beans are heated through and the flavors are well combined. Mash some of the beans with a fork or potato masher to achieve a thicker consistency.
- In a separate skillet, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat. Place one corn tortilla in the skillet and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side until it becomes slightly crispy. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- To assemble the chalupas, spread a spoonful of the black bean mixture onto each tortilla. Top with your desired toppings, such as diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, chopped cilantro, vegan sour cream, and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve the vegan black bean chalupas warm and enjoy!