SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALL SOUP
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
additional time: 1 MINUTE
total time: 31 MINUTES
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large carrots (finely chopped)
- 1 zucchini (finely chopped)
- ½ yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 4 cans (56 oz) low- sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ jars (36 oz) marinara sauce
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 package (1 lb) turkey meatballs (frozen)
- 1 C uncooked spaghetti noodles (broke in half)
- Add oil to a large pot. Heat the oil on low.
- Add the vegetables and cook until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken broth and marinara sauce.
- Add the Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- Stir to mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add in the meatballs and spaghetti.
- Continue to cook on a simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- Ladle in serving bowls.
- Just before serving garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
Weight Watchers points: 0 – 5PersonalPoints per serving
Yield6Serving Size: 1/6th (about 1 1/2 cups)Amount Per ServingCalories186Total Fat7gSaturated Fat1gTrans Fat0gUnsaturated Fat5gCholesterol7mgSodium853mgCarbohydrates25gFiber3gSugar5gProtein6g