POTATO GREEN CHILE TACOS
For the Filling:
- 4-5 medium-sized potatoes, diced into small cubes
- 1 cup roasted green chilies, diced (you can use canned or roast fresh ones)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Tacos:
- Small corn or flour tortillas
- Vegan toppings of your choice (e.g., shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, vegan cheese, guacamole, salsa, or chopped cilantro)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until they become translucent.
- Add the diced potatoes to the skillet and season them with cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and slightly crispy on the outside.
- Stir in the diced green chilies and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to heat them through.
- Warm your tortillas in a dry skillet or microwave according to the package instructions.
- To assemble the tacos, spoon the potato and green chili filling into the warm tortillas.
- Top your tacos with your favorite vegan toppings, such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, vegan cheese, guacamole, salsa, or chopped cilantro.
- Serve your vegan potato green Chile tacos immediately, and enjoy!
Feel free to customize these tacos to your liking by adding other vegan ingredients like vegan sour cream or sliced avocado. You can also adjust the spice level by using mild or hot green chilies, depending on your preference. These tacos are not only delicious but also versatile and perfect for a plant-based meal.