Feel like a treat? Grab some prawns and whip up this special dish with a spicy kick
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 large red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 400g dried linguine pasta
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g peeled raw king prawns
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the peppers and onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a splash of water if anything starts to stick.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients except the linguine, cherry tomatoes and prawns. Add 350ml boiling water, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions and drain.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and prawns to the sauce and simmer for a further 5-8 minutes or until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Season lightly and serve hot with a salad.