Ginger Sweet Potato & Coconut Milk Stew with Lentils and Kale:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped kale, tough stems removed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until it becomes translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger, and sauté for another minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the sweet potato chunks and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the red lentils, coconut milk, vegetable broth, curry powder, ground cumin, turmeric, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes and lentils are tender.
- Once the sweet potatoes and lentils are cooked, stir in the chopped kale and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the kale is wilted and tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the juice of one lime. Taste the stew and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the stew hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
Enjoy your delicious Ginger Sweet Potato & Coconut Milk Stew with Lentils and Kale soup! This hearty and flavorful soup is perfect for a cozy, comforting meal.