- PHILLIPS AIR FRYER
- Meat Thermometer
- 2 Medium-large Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Butter to taste
- Shredded Cheese to taste
- Sour Cream to taste
- Snipped Chives to taste
- Wash and dry the potatoes.
- Prick the skin of the potato with a fork
- Rub the skins with oil then season well with salt and pepper.
- Place in the basket of an air fryer and cook at 400F for 20-45 minutes (until fork tender). Use a thermometer to ensure your potatoes are between 205-201F.
- Remove from the basket and cut along the top.
- Squeeze together from each end and add butter and cheese.
- Return to the air fryer for a final 3-4 minutes.
- Do not over crowd your air fryer, the skin of the potatoes will not crisp if you do.
- Use a mealy or floury variety of potato like a Russet for the very best baked potatoes.
- Your potato is cooked when you can pierce it easily with a fork.
- If your potatoes are larger flip them over half way through the cooking process.
- Be careful when making the cut across the top of the potato, they are VERY hot.
- Use a neutral oil rather than your best olive oil to coat the potatoes.
- Timings will vary depending on the size of your potatoes.
- Check internal temperature. Potatoes should reach an internal temperature of 205F to 210F to be cooked to perfection.