If you are someone that does not want to de-thaw and deal with a whole turkey, then try this Smoked Peppercorn Turkey Breast! Easy, simple and smoky delicious.
PREP TIME:20MINUTES MINUTES
COOK TIME:2HOURS HOURS 30MINUTES MINUTES
TOTAL TIME:2HOURS HOURS 50MINUTES MINUTES
- ▢3 Whole Turkey Breast skinned & de-thawed
- ▢2 tbsp of Mesquite Peppercorn Lager Seasoning or 1 tbsp of Sea Salt & 1 tbsp of Black Pepper
- ▢1.5 tbsp of Canola Oil
- ▢12 oz of Lager Beer
- ▢12 tbsp of Butter
CRANBERRY CHILI BBQ SAUCE:
- ▢2 tbsp of Cranberry Jelly
- ▢1.5 tbsp of Ketchup
- ▢1 tbsp of Garlic Chili Paste
- ▢1.5 tsp of Rice Wine Vinegar
- ▢1.5 tsp of Honey
- ▢1 tsp of Worcestershire
- Lather the turkey breast is canola oil then season up using the Mesquite Peppercorn Lager Seasoning or the simple salt & pepper. Place the turkey in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set but ideally overnight.
- Preheat your smoker to 275F cooking indirectly. Add some wood chips or chunks for additional smoke flavor.
- Add the turkey to the smoker and cook for 1-1.5 hours spritzing with beer every 20 minutes.
- Once the turkey hits 115F, pull it off.
- Grab a 2 ft piece of aluminum foil and place 2 tbsp of butter on it. Add the turkey on top of the butter with 2 more tbsp of butter on top.
- Completely wrap the turkey and place it back on the smoker.
- Repeat this for all the turkey breasts.
- Continue cooking the turkey for another 1 hour until it reaches 165F.
- When done, pull it off and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Add a cast iron sauce skillet to the smoker or over fire to preheat for 1 minute.
- Add all the ingredients for the Cranberry Chili BBQ Sauce.
- Let simmer for 5-7 minutes until warm and thickened.
- Pull out the turkey and slice. Serve with the BBQ Sauce and enjoy!