Slimming World-friendly chili pasta bake
Nutrition information for the Slimming World chili pasta bake recipe:
- Serving size: 1/6 of the recipe (assuming a total of 6 servings)
- Calories: 430
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 460mg
- 500g extra lean beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g dried pasta shapes
- 200g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the minced beef and cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and continue cooking until softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika to the pan. Stir well to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened and reduced slightly.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the sauce and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish and sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve hot with a side salad, if desired.