Embark on a culinary journey with our delectable Gourmet Milk Brioche Rolls, a symphony of softness and flavor that elevates the art of baking. Crafted with precision and passion, these rolls promise a rich and indulgent experience, marrying the delicate sweetness of milk with the irresistible richness of butter.
Ingredients: To orchestrate this culinary masterpiece, you’ll need 1 cup of warm milk, 2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, a teaspoon of salt, 3 large eggs, and 1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter. These carefully chosen components converge to create a dough that embodies the perfect balance of texture and taste.
Dough Preparation: In a choreography of culinary expertise, activate the yeast by blending it with warm milk and sugar. This mixture transforms into a frothy overture, setting the stage for the ensemble of flavors. Combine the yeast infusion with a harmonious blend of flour, sugar, salt, eggs, and softened butter. Knead this composition until it achieves a harmonious crescendo of smooth, elastic perfection.
First Rise: Allow the dough to rise in a melodious interlude, doubling in size within a greased bowl, covered with a crescendo of a damp cloth or plastic wrap. This primary rise imparts depth to the flavors and sets the foundation for the ensuing culinary sonata.
Roll Shaping: Enter the main act as you gracefully shape the dough into individual rolls, each one a testament to your culinary prowess. Place these gastronomic wonders on a parchment-lined baking sheet, creating a visual feast that anticipates the forthcoming crescendo of flavors.
Second Rise: Cover the rolls with a veil of expectation—a damp cloth—and allow them to rise again, doubling in size in a harmonious dance of fermentation. This second rise enhances the complexity of taste, promising a sensory experience that transcends the ordinary.
Preparation and Baking: Preheat your oven to 375°F, establishing the ideal ambiance for the baking symphony. Brush the rolls with a beaten egg, adding a golden sheen that tantalizes the senses. As the rolls bake, the kitchen transforms into a theater of aromas, building anticipation for the grand finale.
Conclusion: Cool the brioche rolls on a wire rack, allowing the composition to settle into a seamless coda of flavor and texture. Our Gourmet Milk Brioche Rolls, born of meticulous craftsmanship, are ready to take center stage on your dining table. Indulge in the opulence of soft, buttery perfection—a culinary masterpiece that resonates with every bite.
MILK BRIOCHE ROLLS
For the Brioche Dough:
- 1 cup warm milk (about 110°F or 43°C)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 packet) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
For the Egg Wash:
- 1 egg, beaten
- Activate Yeast:
- In a small bowl, combine warm milk, active dry yeast, and a pinch of sugar. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Prepare Dough:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center and add the activated yeast mixture.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add softened butter and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. This can take about 10-15 minutes.
- First Rise:
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp cloth or plastic wrap, and let it rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours, or until it has doubled in size.
- Shape Rolls:
- Punch down the risen dough and divide it into equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball or roll.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving some space between them.
- Second Rise:
- Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let them rise for another 1-2 hours, or until they have doubled in size.
- Preheat Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Egg Wash:
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the beaten egg to give them a shiny finish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown on top.
- Allow the brioche rolls to cool on a wire rack before serving.