- 8 slices of whole-grain bread (or bread of your choice)
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Thinly sliced radishes or sprouts for added crunch and flavor
- Prepare Cucumbers: Wash the cucumber thoroughly and slice it thinly. You can use a mandoline or a sharp knife for this.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Mixture: In a bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with chopped fresh dill. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined.
- Assemble Sandwiches: Spread a generous layer of the cream cheese mixture on one side of each bread slice.
- Add Cucumbers: Arrange the thinly sliced cucumbers on half of the bread slices.
- Optional Additions: If desired, add thinly sliced radishes or sprouts on top of the cucumbers for extra crunch and flavor.
- Top with Bread: Place the remaining slices of bread on top, cream cheese side down, to form sandwiches.
- Trim and Cut: Trim the crusts off the sandwiches if preferred, and then cut the sandwiches into halves or quarters, creating bite-sized portions.
- Serve: Arrange the cucumber sandwiches on a plate and serve immediately. They are best enjoyed fresh.
- Variations: Feel free to customize your cucumber sandwiches with additional ingredients such as lemon zest, mint, or a squeeze of lemon juice for added freshness.
- Storage: If you’re not serving the sandwiches immediately, cover them with plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container to prevent the bread from drying out. It’s recommended to assemble the sandwiches just before serving for the best texture.