This quick and easy low carb Asian inspired chicken recipe is not only incredibly flavorful, but it is also very versatile. You can double the recipe and have it for dinner one night, and then use the leftover chicken for salads throughout the week.
- 1½ lbs chicken breasts
- ¼ cup tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pinch chili flakes, extra for garnish
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Place the chicken breasts in a large shallow bowl. Poke holes in the chicken using a fork. This will help the chicken absorb the marinade.
- Add the soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, lime zest, ginger and red pepper flakes to a small bowl and mix to combine. Pour the mixture over the chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken to the pan, pouring the additional marinade over top. Cook, turning halfway through until the chicken is nice and caramelized on the outside and cooked all the way through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, sesame seeds and cilantro before serving.