- Water (for boiling)
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 250°F (120°C). This low temperature will help ensure that the eggs cook gently and evenly.
- While the air fryer is preheating, bring a small pot of water to a boil on your stovetop.
- Gently place your eggs into the boiling water using a spoon or tongs. You can cook as many eggs as your air fryer can comfortably accommodate.
- Set a timer for 5-6 minutes. This will result in a soft-boiled egg with a runny yolk and a firm but not overcooked white.
- Once the eggs are done boiling, immediately transfer them to a bowl of ice water. This will stop the cooking process and make the eggs easier to peel.
- Let the eggs sit in the ice water for a few minutes to cool completely.
- After the eggs have cooled, gently tap them on a hard surface to crack the shell. Then, peel the eggs carefully.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, lightly coat the peeled eggs with a little oil or cooking spray. This will help achieve a crispy exterior.
- Place the eggs in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray.
- Air fry the eggs at 350°F (175°C) for 4-5 minutes, or until the outer layer becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the eggs from the air fryer and let them cool for a minute or two.
- Serve your air-fried soft-boiled eggs with salt, pepper, or any desired seasoning