Just 7 Steps for Super easy Crispy Perfection Air Fryer Spiral Potatoes
Air fryer spiral potatoes are a delicious and healthy snack that have become increasingly popular in recent years. They are a great alternative to traditional French fries, as they are lower in fat and calories while still offering that satisfying crunch that we all love.
CourseSide Dish, Snack
Keywordaccordion potato skewers air fryer, accordion potatoes air fryer, air fryer accordion potatoes, air fryer spiral potatoes, air fryer tornado potatoes
Prep Time15minutes minutes
Cook Time20minutes minutes
Total Time35minutes minutes
- Air Fryer
- 3 Medium Potatoes russet or yellow
- 2 tbsps melted butter
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- sea salt flakes or coarse sea salt to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, olive oil, garlic powder and parsley flakes. Set aside.
- Carefully push a skewer through the centre of each potato.
- Using a small, sharp knife, carefully cut the potatoes into a spiral. Hold the knife at a slight angle and slowly turn the potato as you cut around. The spiral slices should be about ¼ inch wide.
- After you have cut around the entire potato, gently pull the slices apart along the length of the skewer.
- Brush the melted butter over the potatoes paying attention to getting it between all of the spirals.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 390°F and cook for 20-22 minutes until the potatoes are crispy and golden.
- Remove from the potatoes from the air fryer and sprinkle with sea salt flakes. If desired, garnish with parmesan cheese or chopped herbs.
- If you find the potatoes hard to cut you can par-cook the them before skewering and cutting them. Poke a couple holes in the potatoes and pop them in the microwave for a couple of minutes to soften them. This will also reduce the air fryer time by a few minutes.
- I use the metal skewers that came in my air fryer accessory kit, but you can use any small skewers that fit in your air fryer.
- Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 906mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 238IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg