Our Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars are a sweet and creamy paradise for your taste buds. They are a delicious mix of rich cheesecake filling and the warm, honey-drizzled goodness of sopapillas. If you want a tasty treat that tastes like a classic dessert with a twist, these bars are it.
For the filling of the cheesecake:
- 2 (8-ounce) boxes of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of sugar, broken up
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 2 big eggs
- Two 8-ounce cans of crescent rolls that need to be kept cold
- 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar, broken up
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Drizzle honey on top
- Warm Up the Oven: Warm up your oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare a 9×13-inch baking dish by greasing it.
- To make the cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese in a bowl until it is smooth. Put in the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix everything together well, then set it away.
- Step 1: Unroll one can of crescent rolls and press it into the bottom of the baking dish that has been prepared. This will make the first layer.
- Add Cheesecake Filling: Cover the crescent roll top with the cheesecake filling and spread it out evenly.
- Add Another Layer of Crescent Rolls: Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and put it on top of the cheesecake filling. Press the edges together to seal.
- Sprinkle with Butter: Pour the melted butter evenly over the top layer of crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. To make this, mix sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Spread the cinnamon-sugar mix on top of the buttered crescent roll layer.
- Prepare the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the cheesecake middle is set.
- Take the sopapilla cheesecake bars out of the oven and let them cool down before cutting them into squares. Add the honey right before serving.