Soft Ginger Cookies Recipe – 2 Points
- 2 1/4 cups self rising flour (I use Gold Medal)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 6 Tbsp Land O’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1/2 cup zero point granulated sugar substitute ( I use LAKANTO MONKFRUIT CLASSIC SWEETENER)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar substitute ( I use SUKRIN GOLD)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup zero point white GRANULATED SUGAR SUBSTITUTE, to roll dough in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine, flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together light butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar substitutes. Add egg and molasses and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add a little flour mixture at a time and continue to beat as much as you can until all the flour mixture is incoporated.
- Using your hands, shape dough into 2-inch balls. Roll in sugar substitute and place on a cookie sheet that has been covered with parchment paper.
- Repeat until 24 cookies are made.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until light and puffy.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE or these will be hard and overly chewy.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days or freeze for up to a month.
In order to calculate the smart points on a recipe you have to enter the ingredients in manually (by creating a recipe in the recipe builder) not by the nutritional information. Since this recipe contains zero point items the app doesn’t realize there are zero point items in the recipe and will calculate it based only off the nutritional information which is not accurate.
These Two Point Weight Watchers Soft Ginger Cookies are insanely delicious.
I’ve been creating low-point cookie recipes for the past few weeks. And finaly I was able to get these bad boys down to two points-and they are perfect-they have just the right amount of spices — ginger, cinnamon, cloves and molasses. They are soft, chewy and super delicious!
SERVINGS: MAKES 24 COOKIES
GREEN PLAN: 2 SmartPoints for 1 cookie or 5 SmartPoints for 2 cookie
BLUE PLAN: 2 SmartPoints for 1 cookie or 5 SmartPoints for 2 cookies
PURPLE PLAN: 2 SmartPoints for 1 cookie or 5 SmartPoints for 2 cookies
WHAT THE INGREDIENTS THAT I NEED TO MAKING THESE GINGER COOKIES LOW IN POINTS?
To make these ginger cookies low in points is using a zero smart point brown sugar substitute along with Land o’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil.
I always use Land o’ Lake light butter for all of my baking recipes.
Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in a medium mixing bowl.
Whisk light butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar substitutes in a separate large bowl, add eggs and molasses and beat until smooth and creamy.
Using your hands, shape dough into 2-inch balls.
Roll in sugar substitute and place on a cookie sheet that has been covered with parchment paper.
Repeat until 24 cookies are made.
Bake for 11-13 minutes or until light and puffy.
Let cookies cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.