Indulge your sweet tooth in the exquisite pleasure of “Heavenly Chocolate Delight,” a divine fudge recipe passed down through generations, perfected by the loving hands of moms. This classic confection is a symphony of rich, velvety chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and a touch of butter, promising a sensory experience that transcends the ordinary.
Gathering the finest ingredients is the first step on this journey to fudge perfection. Enveloped in 3 cups of premium semi-sweet chocolate chips, our fudge owes its luscious texture to the embrace of 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk. To elevate the flavor profile, a quarter cup of unsalted butter is introduced, while a teaspoon of vanilla extract adds a sublime essence. For those seeking an extra layer of complexity, a cup of finely chopped nuts can be seamlessly incorporated.
The Art of Melting Magic: In a culinary ballet, the ingredients gracefully converge in a medium saucepan over low heat. The dance continues as the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter meld into a liquid symphony, their amalgamation creating a velvety tapestry of indulgence. Stirring diligently, one witnesses the transformation from raw ingredients to a smooth, glossy mixture that sets the stage for the next act.
A Touch of Vanilla Elegance: As the curtain rises on the final stages of preparation, a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract is introduced, imparting a touch of elegance to the ensemble. This subtle yet essential note adds depth and character, elevating the fudge from a simple treat to a sophisticated confectionary masterpiece.
Nuts for Texture: For those seeking a harmonious crunch, a cup of meticulously chopped nuts is folded into the chocolate ballet. Whether it’s the earthiness of walnuts, the creaminess of pecans, or the classic appeal of almonds, these nuts introduce a textural symphony that complements the smoothness of the fudge.
Setting the Stage for Bliss: The fudge, now a harmonious blend of chocolatey bliss, is carefully poured into an 8-inch square baking pan, ensconced in parchment paper for an easy release. With the precision of an artist’s brush, a spatula smooths the mixture, creating a canvas ready to capture the essence of each flavor note.
Chilled Perfection: The fudge takes center stage in the refrigerator, where it undergoes a transformative chill for at least 3-4 hours. This period of repose allows the ingredients to harmonize, solidifying into a delectable treat that captivates the palate.
As the fudge emerges, firm and inviting, it is gently lifted from the pan using parchment paper overhangs. Placed on a cutting board, it undergoes the final act of creation, being meticulously sliced into squares, each one a testament to the culinary symphony that unfolded in the kitchen.
“Heavenly Chocolate Delight” is more than a fudge; it is a culinary legacy, a testament to the artistry passed down through generations. Share these squares of joy with loved ones, and let the taste of tradition and sweetness linger on the palate, creating memories that endure beyond the last bite.
My Mom’s Fudge
- 3 cups (525g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces/397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) chopped nuts (optional)
- Prepare the Pan:
- Line an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides to make it easier to lift the fudge out later.
- Melt Ingredients:
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Stir constantly until the chocolate and butter are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add Vanilla and Nuts:
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. If you’re using nuts, fold them into the mixture until evenly distributed.
- Transfer to Pan:
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate the fudge for at least 3-4 hours, or until it is completely set.
- Cut into Squares:
- Once the fudge is firm, use the parchment paper overhangs to lift it out of the pan. Place it on a cutting board and cut it into squares.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Store the fudge in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Enjoy your delicious homemade fudge!