- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or canned, drained)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper (red, yellow, or green)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: crumbled feta cheese (use sparingly if watching calories)
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, parsley, and mint (if using).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat everything evenly.
- If desired, sprinkle a small amount of crumbled feta cheese on top for added flavor. Remember, if you’re watching your weight, use this sparingly due to its higher calorie content.
- Allow the flavors to meld by chilling the salad in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.