For the Egg Base:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
- 1/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (or other fillings like diced vegetables, spinach, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Sous Vide:
- Sous vide machine
- 4 (4 oz) canning jars or sous vide jars
- Preheat Sous Vide: Fill a large container or pot with water and attach your sous vide machine. Set the temperature to 172°F (77.8°C).
- Blend the Egg Base: In a blender, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, Gruyere, Monterey Jack cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Fill the Jars: Place your choice of fillings (bacon or other ingredients) at the bottom of the canning jars. Pour the egg mixture over the fillings, leaving some space at the top.
- Seal the Jars: Close the jars tightly, but not too tight. You want to allow air to escape as the eggs cook. If using canning jars, use the lids and screw them on until just snug. Do not overtighten.
- Sous Vide Cooking: Submerge the jars in the preheated water bath and cook for 90 minutes.
- Cool and Serve: After cooking, remove the jars from the sous vide bath and let them cool for a few minutes. The egg bites will continue to cook a little as they cool. Once cooled, you can refrigerate the egg bites or serve them immediately.
- Serve: To serve, simply remove the egg bites from the jars and enjoy. You can reheat them in a microwave or conventional oven if you’ve made them in advance.
Feel free to customize your egg bites with different fillings and cheese varieties to match your preferences. Enjoy your homemade Starbucks-style egg bites!