Black Pepper Steak Skewers for a delicious, savory way to enjoy tri-tip steak.
PREP TIME:30MINUTES MINUTES
COOK TIME:1HOUR HOUR
MARINATE TIME::4HOURS HOURS
TOTAL TIME:5HOURS HOURS 30MINUTES MINUTES
COURSE:LUNCH, MAIN COURSE
STEAK & MARINADE:
- ▢2 Whole Tri-Tip cubed
- ▢1.5 cups Soy Sauce low sodium
- ▢2 tbsp FYR BLK Hot Sauce
- ▢2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- ▢1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- ▢1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ▢1 tbsp Black Pepper
- ▢2 tsp Kosher Salt
CHILE HERB SAUCE:
- ▢2 Serrano Chiles sliced
- ▢¼ cup chopped Scallions
- ▢¼ cup chopped Cilantro
- ▢2 tbsp chopped Mint
- ▢2.5 tbsp Fish Sauce
- ▢1 tbsp FYR BLK Hot Sauce
- ▢1 medium Limes juiced
- In a bowl, add the soy sauce, FYR BLK sauce, minced garlic, sesame seeds, dijon mustard, black pepper and kosher salt. Mix together.
- Cube up your tri-tips into 2” chunks.
- Add the steak to a food safe bag or bowl, then add the marinade. Mix thoroughly.
- Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours but ideally overnight.
- Preheat your grill to a medium high heat (around 375F) using a three zone cooking method.
- As the grill heats, pull out your steak and discard any excess marinade.
- Divide until 2-3 groups and skewer on to your skewers.
- Next, add all the ingredients for the chile herb sauce to a bowl and mix. Set to the side until ready to serve.
- Once the grill is ready, add your beef skewers to the grill in between the two heat sources. Close the lid and let cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- Flip the skewers over once they are nicely charred and cook for another 6-7 minutes or until the meat is 120F internal.
- As the steaks finish cooking, brush some of the sauce over the top of the steak.
- Once done, pull the skewers off and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Pull the steaks off the skewers, slice, serve and enjoy!