- 1 pound of steak (such as sirloin, ribeye, or strip steak)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: red pepper flakes for some heat
- Cut the steak into bite-sized pieces, typically about 1-inch cubes. Make sure to trim any excess fat.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, and any optional seasonings you prefer. Mix well.
- Add the steak bites to the bowl and toss them in the seasoning mixture until they are evenly coated.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for a few minutes.
- Place the steak bites in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd them. You may need to cook them in batches if your air fryer is small.
- Cook the steak bites in the air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for about 8-10 minutes, depending on your desired level of doneness. For medium-rare, aim for 8 minutes, and adjust the time accordingly.
- Shake the basket or flip the steak bites halfway through the cooking time to ensure they cook evenly.
- After the cooking time is up, check the internal temperature of the steak with a meat thermometer. It should be around 130-135°F (54-57°C) for medium-rare, but adjust based on your preference.
- Remove the steak bites from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Serve your air fryer steak bites as a snack, appetizer, or as a main course with your favorite dipping sauce or sides.