Course Main Course
Cuisine American, Mexican
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Servings 8 hot dogs
Calories 210 kcal
How to make Air Fryer Mexican Hot Dogs
Some olive oil mixed with chili powder and garlic powder, bun length hot dogs, and soft tortillas is all you really need.
Oh, and some toothpicks as well
Trim a little off the tops and bottoms of the tortillas, just enough so the hot dog is slightly longer than the tortilla.
My kids devoured the tortilla scraps so they didn’t go to waste.
I just called it their appetizer
Then cut the tortilla in half down the center.
Now we are ready to wrap them!
Just roll it up and secure in place with a toothpick.
And brush all sides with the olive oil chili garlic mixture.
Not only will this help the tortillas to crisp up, it also gives them a great flavor.
All of my dogs juuuuust fit into my air fryer.
Set it to 380 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on how crispy you want them.
Serve Air Fryer Mexican Hot Dogs with salsa and sour cream.
We mixed them together for the perfect dipping combo.
Guacamole or even queso would also be great to dip them in!
Air Fryer Mexican Hot Dogs
Air Fryer Mexican Hot Dogs are hot dogs wrapped in tortillas and brushed with chili garlic oil then air fried until crispy golden brown
- 4 soft taco size soft flour tortillas
- 1 8 pack bun length hot dogs (I used Nathan’s)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Optional: salsa and sour cream for dipping
- Lay the tortillas flat. Cut 1/2 to 1 inch off the top and bottom (just enough to make it slightly smaller than the hot dog) and cut in half (picture examples in post above).
- Place a hot dog on each tortilla half, roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Mix the olive oil, chili powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush this mixture over all sides of the tortillas.
- Place the tortilla wrapped hot dogs in the air fryer basket, set to 380 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream for dipping if desired.